Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PS3 Jailbreak Released. Makes Me Regret Buying A PS3 Less...[UPDATE]  (Read 2019 times)
stjimmyskater

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2010, 07:12:08 AM »

Geohotz has put out his jailbreak for the PS3, and it's turning out to be pretty good. You can jailbreak it using a shit ton of things including the iPhone and iPod Touch as well as a TI calculator. There's also a way to rip games to your hard drive and play them without the disc, so this means free games. Gonna test this ASAP. Also, Snes9x and a Dreamcast emulator have been ported already. The hack's a couple weeks old, and somehow I failed to notice it. Works for all firmwares below 3.5 which came out like a week ago. I'm able to hack, so IT'S AWN KIDS.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 05:17:47 AM by stjimmyskater » Logged
stjimmyskater

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 12:10:21 PM »

UPDATE: And for those of you who are looking for a use for your TI-84 calculator or your old iPod Video 5G, you can use those to do the jailbreak. The 5G jailbreak goes through Rockbox, so hello nostalgia.
brarei200

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 08:27:07 PM »

It's not GeoHotz Jailbreak, the people used his Exploit to make it. Sony is cracking down on this shit, they sued like all the retailers selling them. They patched it after FW 3.41. It's tough decision, playing online or having homebrew/backup games
stjimmyskater

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 05:07:09 AM »

Yeah, didn't realize that it wasn't Geohotz's jailbreak. I'm gonna wait to see what they say about possible future exploits and then decide what I'll do.
nedthehead
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 07:30:15 AM »

Same boat. Checked last night: 3.42 >.<

brarei200

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 08:20:27 AM »

Haha damn, maybe they might be able to make it for new firmwares since they hacked it and have an idea of what the system files are or what ever. I hope  anyways :p
stjimmyskater

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 05:25:02 AM »

UPDATE: 3.42 and 3.50 jalbreak has been released by the PS Jailbreak team. Unfortunately, it costs money, but it's only a matter of time before the dev team reverse engineers it.

Also, PS Downgrade is released, allowing users to downgrade to any firmware. Again, this also costs money, but the dev team is close to having a downgrader of their own, so even if they can't reverse engineer this, they should have their own sooner or later.

I'll keep people posted and start putting up tuts as soon as they're available.

Happy jailbreaking!
brarei200

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 05:32:51 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Can't wait for the free version!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: