Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sperm. Lots of it.  (Read 7068 times)
Spy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 07:58:38 AM »

Shitty posts? At least I give a fuck. What do you define as actually contributing? Recounting what I ate for fucking breakfast in ..? That seems to be the gold standard around here when it comes to contributing. I'm posting random shit because it also entertains me. If you've got a better idea, then by all means, give it a shot. As i recall, no thread around here stays alive for very long, save ...

Do you think I should start posting code segments for the three coders that are here? MONTHS ago I tried posting an update in my game thread, but nobody seemed to care about it ( http://bytelife.org/zacaj/index.php?topic=100.msg1059#msg1059). I used those posts to gauge how much people actually cared. I was slightly surprised.

So define contribute for me. Because when I try, nobody gives a damn.

I never said the posts in .. weren't shitty, it's just that these posts aren't any better.
If you recall, I did post in your Ollie thread. All you've updated since then were some screen caps.
If you actually took some time to formulate legitimate posts instead of "Sperm. Lots of it.", more people would feel the need to respond with legitimate content, and provide interesting topics themselves.
What I'm saying is, it's wonderful that you can see the current problems with this community and want to help fix them, but making threads like this is not the way to do it. If you want to help, continue to make legitimate threads, don't give up because only a few people respond, be persistent.
If you would like to discuss further on this issue, feel free to hit me up on FaceBook or something, I always welcome some discussion about the forum, and if you have any more constructive ideas on how to help this community grow and advance feel free to tell me.

Check yo dick for the HIV
LOOK!
I'm Owl City!
And i'm totally, 100% hetrosexual!

stjimmyskater

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 05:10:26 PM »

Shitty posts? At least I give a fuck. What do you define as actually contributing? Recounting what I ate for fucking breakfast in ..? That seems to be the gold standard around here when it comes to contributing. I'm posting random shit because it also entertains me. If you've got a better idea, then by all means, give it a shot. As i recall, no thread around here stays alive for very long, save ...

Do you think I should start posting code segments for the three coders that are here? MONTHS ago I tried posting an update in my game thread, but nobody seemed to care about it ( http://bytelife.org/zacaj/index.php?topic=100.msg1059#msg1059). I used those posts to gauge how much people actually cared. I was slightly surprised.

I never said the posts in .. weren't shitty, it's just that these posts aren't any better.
If you recall, I did post in your Ollie thread. All you've updated since then were some screen caps.
If you actually took some time to formulate legitimate posts instead of "Sperm. Lots of it.", more people would feel the need to respond with legitimate content, and provide interesting topics themselves.
What I'm saying is, it's wonderful that you can see the current problems with this community and want to help fix them, but making threads like this is not the way to do it. If you want to help, continue to make legitimate threads, don't give up because only a few people respond, be persistent.
If you would like to discuss further on this issue, feel free to hit me up on FaceBook or something, I always welcome some discussion about the forum, and if you have any more constructive ideas on how to help this community grow and advance feel free to tell me.

Alright, so chill the fuck out. I don't want to hear shit about posts in .. being shitty, because that's a load of crap. This community has evolved. Those who have drifted off from it say that it's gone to shit, but those who chose to stick around realize now that we were formerly a community that existed solely on this forum, and that was it. Over time we've drifted to other mediums of contact. I don't want to hear jack shit about how every time you post no one jizzes over it and that no one includes you. You want inclusion??? Shoot me a message. I've got enough of my own shit to deal with without concerning myself with connecting with others right now. I don't talk with you on a regular basis, and I'm not used to talking to you on a regular basis. I do not intend to add people to the list of those who I care to talk to on a regular basis, because at this point, I can't handle giving a rat's ass about anyone else. To insult the shit that people post in .. is just a fucking insult. People talk about what's going on with them there. You think it's senseless bitching??? Get the fuck out. Is that harsh??? Yeah, it really is. You wanna be included??? Don't expect us to beg you for it. You include yourself.
kevipapo1
Administrator

I specialize in cool shit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 08:56:03 PM »

The fuck happened here?

Kevin J Snyder: producer, DJ, blogger, gamer, partygoer, occasionally developer. A true hacker at heart <3
Spy
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 10:56:26 PM »

The fuck happened here?
Hit me or Dalen up on FB or Skype.

Check yo dick for the HIV
LOOK!
I'm Owl City!
And i'm totally, 100% hetrosexual!

Rynsuho
Pokemaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 08:38:22 PM »

It was like trying to break ice layered diamond with my bare fists.
rokrboy

Look Into My Eyes.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 09:00:56 PM »

^ Pretty Much.
ichaelmay8
The money maker

You never. Tell. Hoes. The truth.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 05:28:48 AM »

Alright, so chill the fuck out. I don't want to hear shit about posts in .. being shitty, because that's a load of crap. This community has evolved. Those who have drifted off from it say that it's gone to shit, but those who chose to stick around realize now that we were formerly a community that existed solely on this forum, and that was it. Over time we've drifted to other mediums of contact. I don't want to hear jack shit about how every time you post no one jizzes over it and that no one includes you. You want inclusion??? Shoot me a message. I've got enough of my own shit to deal with without concerning myself with connecting with others right now. I don't talk with you on a regular basis, and I'm not used to talking to you on a regular basis. I do not intend to add people to the list of those who I care to talk to on a regular basis, because at this point, I can't handle giving a rat's ass about anyone else. To insult the shit that people post in .. is just a fucking insult. People talk about what's going on with them there. You think it's senseless bitching??? Get the fuck out. Is that harsh??? Yeah, it really is. You wanna be included??? Don't expect us to beg you for it. You include yourself.

rokr, burton: Thanks for mocking, by the way. We're only trying to fix your fucking community here.

kevin: You could always read through the thread, instead of having someone explain it for you in a probably biased manner over skype. Of course, I've been trying to get on skype with everyone for like ever and it hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure you've got some in that I haven't got.

dalen: Then if you've evolved, you've left members behind. I realize that I'm not always accessible, but it really doesn't help that nobody really talks to me. This is a common theme in my *life* though. People never check in with me, never say what's up, even if I've tried with them. It's *always* about everyone else. I literally have to carry conversations because people wouldn't talk to me if i didn't.

Thanks for telling me to get the fuck out for an opinion though, that's very mature. I didn't realize you owned zacaj.

The thread assassin cometh. If I post in a thread, there's a 50% chance it'll die.
kevipapo1
Administrator

I specialize in cool shit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »

Ok, you've elicited a response from me. Your ignorance is too overboard to ignore.

First of all, thanks for insulting everything we have to say in .., that's really nice of you. Dalen said it best, that's real shit. When you insult what we write in .., you're insulting our lives. Thanks, that's real fucking mature.

Second, I'm sorry no one comes running to you all the time. People rarely come running to me. I'm usually the one asking people if they want to hang out. I'm usually the one starting the conversations. If you want people to talk to you, then talk to them first. It doesn't matter who starts a conversation as long as the conversation is had. If you look at it that way all the time, you're gonna be a very sad person.
You might say "I always post threads and no one replies!" Either we've got little or nothing to say, or we don't care. The post I remember the most from you are those about some app or game you're developing. I never post because I'm too lazy to download the game and try it out. That's just my reason. Everyone else has their own reason, maybe the same, maybe not. Really though, if you look at it that way, then again, you're gonna be a really sad person.

Third, I'm tired of this "the community is broken, let's fix it" mentality. The community is what the community is. Everyone uses the community in their own way. There is no one appropriate way to use this place. I mainly post in .., sometimes in funny convos, and that's about it. Others post in the Minecraft thread and other places. Point is, if the community feels broken to you, it's probably because you don't fit in, or you haven't found the right place to fit in. Maybe this isn't the right place for you.

Lastly, you feel insulted that we don't let you freely express your opinion? It's pretty tough to have a respectable opinion after having insulted us. You can't just say what we write in .. is bullshit and get away with having a voice, let alone an opinion.

I'm sorry you think this place is a shitty place, I really am. I wish everyone thought this place was great, but unfortunately it's not perfect for everyone. I have a strong feeling that if you think this community's gone to shit, it's simply because the community isn't tailor made for you.

Kevin J Snyder: producer, DJ, blogger, gamer, partygoer, occasionally developer. A true hacker at heart <3
Haloruler64
The Lovable Russian Bastard

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 07:01:15 PM »

I'm too lazy

/thred
rokrboy

Look Into My Eyes.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 11:22:50 AM »

rokr, burton: Thanks for mocking, by the way. We're only trying to fix your fucking community here.

kevin: You could always read through the thread, instead of having someone explain it for you in a probably biased manner over skype. Of course, I've been trying to get on skype with everyone for like ever and it hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure you've got some in that I haven't got.

dalen: Then if you've evolved, you've left members behind. I realize that I'm not always accessible, but it really doesn't help that nobody really talks to me. This is a common theme in my *life* though. People never check in with me, never say what's up, even if I've tried with them. It's *always* about everyone else. I literally have to carry conversations because people wouldn't talk to me if i didn't.

Thanks for telling me to get the fuck out for an opinion though, that's very mature. I didn't realize you owned zacaj.
Since we've all been on ZF for the past 4 or 5 years, on the dot, at least once a year, this stuff blows up, someone gets their feelings hurt, and someone swears they'll never talk to someone else again. Then about a month later all is good. The community as a whole will fix itself when needed. I mean when we moved over to Sam's server's we got oodles of support from everyone. Everyone has other stuff they are doing, and is not always available to be on the forums. I'm sorry you feel insulted.  I read over everything, a lot of people do, not everyone posts. I've always respected you man, but it kind of hurts insulting the .. thread, and all the stuff in it that we have the confidence to share with each other.
Whatever though, honestly you're welcome to talk to any of us whenever you want to. Reach out to us and we'll be happy to talk to you back. I mean I'm always on facebook or skype, as well as with the rest of is. It ain't hard to get a hold of us.
Tacdeho
Batman

Scrotum

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 01:38:54 PM »

Ok, you've elicited a response from me. Your ignorance is too overboard to ignore.

First of all, thanks for insulting everything we have to say in .., that's really nice of you. Dalen said it best, that's real shit. When you insult what we write in .., you're insulting our lives. Thanks, that's real fucking mature.

Second, I'm sorry no one comes running to you all the time. People rarely come running to me. I'm usually the one asking people if they want to hang out. I'm usually the one starting the conversations. If you want people to talk to you, then talk to them first. It doesn't matter who starts a conversation as long as the conversation is had. If you look at it that way all the time, you're gonna be a very sad person.
You might say "I always post threads and no one replies!" Either we've got little or nothing to say, or we don't care. The post I remember the most from you are those about some app or game you're developing. I never post because I'm too lazy to download the game and try it out. That's just my reason. Everyone else has their own reason, maybe the same, maybe not. Really though, if you look at it that way, then again, you're gonna be a really sad person.

Third, I'm tired of this "the community is broken, let's fix it" mentality. The community is what the community is. Everyone uses the community in their own way. There is no one appropriate way to use this place. I mainly post in .., sometimes in funny convos, and that's about it. Others post in the Minecraft thread and other places. Point is, if the community feels broken to you, it's probably because you don't fit in, or you haven't found the right place to fit in. Maybe this isn't the right place for you.

Lastly, you feel insulted that we don't let you freely express your opinion? It's pretty tough to have a respectable opinion after having insulted us. You can't just say what we write in .. is bullshit and get away with having a voice, let alone an opinion.

I'm sorry you think this place is a shitty place, I really am. I wish everyone thought this place was great, but unfortunately it's not perfect for everyone. I have a strong feeling that if you think this community's gone to shit, it's simply because the community isn't tailor made for you.

For the most part, I agree with Kev's post. I don't have much of an opinion, since it seems like everyone else managed to take this crusade upon themselves, and I feel like they've managed to do the work for me. However, I have one discrepancy with this.

Point is, if the community feels broken to you, it's probably because you don't fit in, or you haven't found the right place to fit in. Maybe this isn't the right place for you.

Incorrect. This isn't ANYONES forums. No one is dictator, we ALL share it, no one runs the fucking place. Everyone is welcomed here, regardless of opinions. If Mike feels as though this place isn't for him, he doesn't belong here, whatever the situation is, that's his thing, he feels that way, it's how it goes. However, NO ONE has the right to claim that anyone doesn't belong here.

Kev, you may not intentionally mean to put it this way, but I'll be damned if someone takes it like that or anyone gets alienated further due to mistaken words. I think we've had enough arguments for a lifetime on that basis.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: