Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HDTV's anyone?  (Read 2291 times)
kevipapo1
Administrator

I specialize in cool shit

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2010, 11:18:12 PM »

So here's something new. I was at my friend Michael's house. He does a lot of plane simulation stuff, so he got himself a Vizio 42" HDTV for $400 (it was a sale). Now the same model is, what, $600? I checked, but whatever. Something around there.
Now, seeing as he got his for $400, I thought "gee, that's cheap for such an awesome looking display! Might as well get one for myself!"

I'm not looking for a "BEST OF THE BEST #1 HDTV OUT THERE WITH ALL THE FANCY SHIT" TV. I'm looking for a TV with a big display, 40" or more, and a nice amount of inputs. HDMI is a necessary one for sure!
And also, can someone fill me in on the plasma vs. LCD vs. LED LCD thing? Which one is cheaper? Which one is better? Pros and cons of each, that whole shabang.

Hopefully with enough Christmas money and other funds, I'll be able to buy a nice HDTV!

Kevin J Snyder: producer, DJ, blogger, gamer, partygoer, occasionally developer. A true hacker at heart <3
rokrboy

Look Into My Eyes.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 11:31:44 PM »

A 42 inch hannspree is being blown out on newegg really cheap.
Also, during black friday there were numerous deals on TV's that were 40-42 inches for ~300-400 bucks.
On the plasma vs lcd thing. I believe the plasma will have significantly better motion technology as well as possibly a better picture depending on the lighting. However, LCD's will have a longer lifespan and work better in darker light, if I remember correctly. They also are not quite as good with motion across the screen. Either way, I've only seen motion smearing occur when watching tv, not when playing games or using the tv as a monitor. I knew a lot of this about a year ago, the little I know is from memory and I don't know if its 100% correct. I think LED is going to tend to be the best of both worlds, but its pretty expensive last time I checked.
kevipapo1
Administrator

I specialize in cool shit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 11:42:32 PM »

MOTHERFUCK THAT'S CHEAP!!! I might be sold...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889237019 (out of the box is $354)

Kevin J Snyder: producer, DJ, blogger, gamer, partygoer, occasionally developer. A true hacker at heart <3
brarei200

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 07:19:19 AM »

Look around locally, there cheaper than online most of the time.

Lord of Potato Break: Looking around locally is gay. Also, I'm on that Cheese Grind

TacoBreak: GAY BACON
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:27:38 PM by Tacdeho » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: