Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Acquiring older consoles  (Read 2274 times)
Rynsuho
Pokemaster

View Profile WWW
« on: January 18, 2011, 10:13:09 AM »

So i've emulated plenty of games, and it just isnt the same. Anybody know where i can find older consoles? SNES, N64, NES, and the original game boy are the ones i want the most. (yes, i roll old-school nintendo) atari and sega consoles would be nice too, but not necessary.

It was like trying to break ice layered diamond with my bare fists.
stjimmyskater

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 01:14:17 PM »

Hit up the flea markets, negro.
kevipapo1
Administrator

I specialize in cool shit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 03:42:23 PM »

They come cheap as fuck. eBay and Craigslist are fine places to check out. I got an N64 with Donkey Kong 64, the expansion pack, the RCA cables, power cable, and three controllers for $30.
That's another thing: don't get ripped off. If you get a console, make sure it comes with all the necessary shit. Power, A/V, controllers, maybe score some games too. You don't want to buy a console that doesn't come with the extra perks. And they come pretty cheap too.
Best way to buy old consoles is with everything else thrown in. Cables, games, controllers and expansions. There's plenty of combo deals out there, and you'll save a bunch of money buying it all together.
Feeling cheap? Do some research on flashable game cartridges. I'm pretty sure there's ways to flash games to cartridges with connector cables. Simple USB stuff with applications that make it easy. Although I don't know anything about it in particular, but if you want the classic experience for cheap cheap cheap, it's not a bad way to go!

Kevin J Snyder: producer, DJ, blogger, gamer, partygoer, occasionally developer. A true hacker at heart <3
AmbitiousAmanda

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 01:01:18 AM »

Also old, but Burton- Have you heard of Dragon's Den? It's in Poughkeepsie. They sell ALL old shit, NES's, SNES's, and games, controllers, literally everything. It's great, but so far away.
I don't think they have Atari's though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: